Coord Inspired by Your Favourite Dessert

12:00:00


So the LBC topics tend to come round a little, as there was a similar one to this in November, but I think that’s a good thing, especially with coords. It’s always good to revisit similar themes to see what we’ve done before and compare it with our current take on it. This allows us to grow and to better our coording skills instead of getting stuck in a rut.



Now, although I have a very sweet tooth, I find it hard to choose just one dessert that is my favourite. I literally am like a kid in a sweet shop when it comes to choosing desserts and cakes. So instead of trying to figure that one out I wanted to force an additional theme on myself and go for a pancake-themed coord in light of Pancake Day (Shrove Tuesday) taking place later this month. But then I realised that I don’t have enough things to make this coord scream “pancakes” at me, so, being very lazy and not wanting to take out a different dress, picked at the cupcakes in the print instead. This whole trying to be different and not going down the easy route will one day catch up with me, but in the meantime it’s great at forcing me to push my coording skills further!

| Angelic Pretty Merry Making Party OP | Angelic Pretty
Sealing Border OTKs | the rest is offbrand or Etsy |

In a way cupcakes are my favourite dessert, but not so much to eat as to make. They are so easy to customise and you don’t get the usual cake fuss of people saying “cut me a small slice, please”, you just give them one cupcake and everyone’s happy. Plus they’re so easy that anyone and everyone could make cupcakes, which makes them more fun as more people could enjoy them or enjoy giving them to others.

I realise that this coord is incomplete, but having said that: the full back shirring make it great for indulging so I could wear it for Pancake Day. And that’s spent at home, so I wouldn’t need shoes anyway. Lousy excuse, I know, but really, except for the shoes and wristwear I am quite happy with how it turned out. I’m not sure if I would actually wear that, it feels… dunno, not-enough-blue-or-red and a little too-much-pink-and-yellow for my liking, but I still like it.


My boyfriend got me that necklace, so even though it's
miniscule, I love it to bits and had to include it.



What’s your favourite dessert? Or do you not have a sweet tooth at all? Have you ever done a coord inspired by a favourite dessert of yours? Let me know and share photos, if you have any, I’d love to see.



4 comments:

  1. Oh cute, and that necklace from your bf is so precious! I love cupcakes and definitely agree that I have about as much (or more) fun making and decorating them than eating them. Have many delicious pancakes on fat Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is just darling! I don't wear it as often as I should, to be honest. Cupcakes are great to decorate. I find that with a whole cake it takes a lot more time and focus, whereas with cupcakes if you decide that you're bored of this design, you can switch it up for a different one without sacrificing how the rest of them look. Thank you, I intend on making pancakes tomorrow - because pancakes! <3

      Delete
  2. Yellow is such happy colour. You can cordinate the dress with blue, there is a lot of blue in the print too, but the pink is vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Almost every time I've worn this dress I was matching it with blue, since it's a colour I have a lot of in my wardrobe. And often when I think of cupcakes, I think of a yellow and pink combo - a plain cupcake is yellow(ish) in colour and most people decorate it with pink frosting or sprinkles, because that seems most readily available (or easiest to make since you could use real fruit to dye the frosting, whereas with blue you pretty much need a food colouring dye). Although I must say, when I've worn it with blue it seemed less out there, the blue toned town the busy print a little bit, which is maybe why matching it with pink I thought "wow, that's maybe a teeny tiny bit too much for me to actually wear". :P

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.